1. It’s all-inclusive… and adults-only. Dexter and I wanted a honeymoon where we didn’t have to think and plan much. We’ve already done a year’s worth of wedding planning, so the honeymoon should be our reward!
Hyatt Zilara’s all-inclusive took care of everything for us: an elegant bedroom with a lovely view, high-end amenities, lounges and bars just a few steps away from our door. We didn’t have to bring credit cards and cash all the time (again, apart from tips!) nor worry that we’ll be excessively charged for consuming the minibar. Ordering from the menu was easy - we can pick anything we liked without having to think of the cost.
Hyatt Zilara only allows guests 18 years old and above. You can lay in your hammock without hearing the cries of Little Johnny and his nagging parents!
2. The perfect location: Caribbean Coast. Lined with cabanas and sunbeds, the beachfront is worthy of a thousand Instagram likes. The water gets rough, not particularly ideal for swimming but we enjoyed swim boarding. Walking along the white sands with a view of neighbouring hotels was irritatingly romantic!
3. An oceanfront room with a jacuzzi. The room isn't only facing the sea, it's also facing the east so you can watch the glorious sun rise every morning. Having a whirlpool tub next your bed is simply grand - a sweet addition to anyone’s honeymoon.
4. The Spa and Fitness Centre. A honeymoon won’t be complete without getting a much-needed massage! Halfway through our trip we had an 80-minute couples massage, it was so good that we over-tipped the masseuses.
The Spa is equipped with a steam room, jacuzzis, saunas, and a cold plunge pool. Note that you can't to use these services as a couple - males are separate from females. Lockers and towels are provided; including a small beverage station to keep you hydrated.
Going to the gym wasn’t my idea. Yep, husband’s brilliant schemes right there! We visited twice and took an afternoon class of pilates. The fitness centre was quite small but with various equipment such as treadmills and weight machines. Fitness classes are held at a separate room. This is a good way to keep in shape even when on your honeymoon.
5. Never a dull moment. Hyatt Zilara has a wide selection of restaurants, bars and lounges. A calendar of activities is posted in the lobby where they feature entertainment, foam parties, jazz dinners, salsa dancing, even guacamole classes! Being the lazy honeymooners we are, we loved staying half a day by the pool, alternating cocktails with long naps. Arranging an outdoor excursion is fairly is easy too.
6. Pina coladas. Highly-addicting. You have been warned.
7. You’re in Cancun! It’s a wonderful location that doesn’t leave you stuck at the hotel. There’s so much to experience outdoors such as adventure theme parks, underwater activities, cultural sites, cenotes, and nearby islands. (We’ll post our experience in Xplor and Chichen Itza soon!)
Our honeymoon at Hyatt Zilara Cancun was beyond our expectations. Customer service was notably quick, our room was kept clean twice a day, the concierge was helpful with our needs and requests, cab service was a breeze, even exchanging dollars to pesos was no trouble. Staff were friendly and made sure we get a top up of our drinks every now and then. The hotel was splendid, it had a relaxed and cheerful atmosphere. We felt we were taken care of.
This was our first time to stay at an all-inclusive hotel and it was a great, hassle-free experience perfect for honeymooners looking for relaxation and convenience.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO MEXICO WITH THE HELP OF OUR POSTS BELOW!
For more information on Hyatt Zilara Cancun and their rates, click the button below.